When a business enterprise can connect to more than 1.5 billion users around the world at any time, is it not an advantageous marketing tool? We are talking about the famous WhatsApp which has become the most loved app in the past few years.
WhatsApp has introduced WhatsApp Business app for small, medium and large scale enterprises of all industries. This app enables enterprises to stay in touch with customers and expand their market base by effectively using the app and promoting the business irrespective of where the users reside.
Enterprises can use WhatsApp Marketing Tool to promote their business, interact with users by sending and receiving text and media files using the rich interface by requesting early access to the platform. This can be done by contacting the companies which provide the API integration with WhatsApp and offer their technical support to enterprises in managing the platform.
The first step in the process is to contact one such company and request for early access. The company will use the API documentation provided by WhatsApp to integrate the app to the existing systems of the enterprise. The business will need to get the account verified with WhatsApp to use the app. In the meantime, they can use the sandbox feature offered by companies and start sending messages to customers.
Here comes the crucial part of the process. WhatsApp is very strict about the rules and regulations a business enterprise has to follow to use the app. The businesses should take explicit permission from customers and users that they can send them messages using the app. The following are some of the ways in which it can be done.
- Ask customers to give a missed to a specified number to signal their acceptance for receiving messages.
- Customers can send a mail or acknowledge in reply to an email with their consent to receive messages from a business via WhatsApp.
- A form, a checkbox, or any other such form of acceptance is allowed.
- Customers can send a message first to the phone number of business enterprises and start a conversation.
- The enterprises can reply to the message without prior explicit permission from the customer. But, they will have to do it within the 24 hours set by WhatsApp after the messages have been received by the enterprise.
Once the permissions are obtained, a business enterprise can send text, audio and video files, documents, etc. to customers related to the products and services they offer.
The WhatsApp Marketing Tool can be used for the following purposes.
- Customers should know about the orders they have booked or the services they are due.
- Send regular status updates about orders.
- Send updates about service due reminders and ask for a convenient time to book the service.
- Send reminders about due in payments. Provide a link in the message where they can make a payment for the same.
- Product Discovery
- Help customers and users discover the products they are looking for.
- Suggest options based on their product purchase history.
- Include details about the product and make it easier for them to decide.
- Allow in-conversation purchases by turning the conversations into transactions.
- Improve Customer Service
- Be available round the clock and deliver enriched customer service.
- Respond instantly to customer messages and promise immediate action.
- Use Quick Replies to send pre-drafted messages for regular questions and queries.
- Ask for images or video to pinpoint the exact cause for the complaint. This will reduce the time taken to find the main problem issue.
- The support staff can work on troubleshooting as soon as possible.
- Keep track of all messages received from customers.
- Keep the conversation open until the issue is resolved.
- Take the customer feedback after solving the problem.
- Make use of end to end encryption to keep the conversations private and secure.
Gupshup is a global market leader in providing the WhatsApp API integration services to enable enterprises to use the app for marketing and sales purposes. The company has successfully assisted numerous brands in getting closer to their customers.
About the Author
Ashly William is a freelance writer, with years of experience, creating content for varied online portals. Her content is published on many national and international publications. She loves to write about business services and education.