A website is a mandatory attribute of every enterprise. In addition to its representative function, such a platform is an excellent platform for trade. The site requires less expenditure than, for example, a store, and at the same time is able to provide a steadily growing income. The most important element of business is advertising, which can also be placed on the site.
However, the high competition in the sphere of Internet commerce makes it necessary to look for new forms of attracting customers. In these circumstances, a countdown timer on the site from PromoFeatures is an effective way to attract and retain the attention of the customer.
Attracting the customer is the most important task of the site. The saturation of the market with supply generates a wide choice and stiff competition. It is not enough to have a top-quality product at a nice price. This product must be sold, and for this, you need to find a customer in the network, interest him and convince him of the need to buy.
At the same time, the market is developing dynamically, old marketing techniques are dying out, and they are replaced by new ones. It is necessary all the time to be in the trend, to keep up with trends. A good marketing move is called for:
- Bring to the client the most important information about the product or service.
- Interest the potential customer.
- Vigorously justify the economic benefits of the purchase.
- Explain to the customer that the opportunity is unique and may not happen again.
- Outline the time frame in which a profitable acquisition will be possible.
Note the last point. It is designed to form a feeling of a rare chance, which is unpleasant and unprofitable to miss. The timer for the site is one way to achieve this goal.
A few words about what a marketing ploy should avoid:
- Pour a lot of information on the client.
- Go into lengthy and confusing explanations.
- Compulsively push to close the deal.
Remember that the client has to make decisions for himself and not under pressure. Now back to the timer.
How it works
Such a technique makes it possible to overcome the phenomenon of prolongation. Doubt is a natural feature of the human psyche. Weighing all the pros and cons before making any decision is a common phenomenon. The problem is that an unlimited time frame allows you to continue this process as long as you like. As time passes, the likelihood of losing interest and rejection increases. In addition, a host of other offers from your competitors can be found within that time frame.
The presence of a timer stimulates a number of features of the human psyche:
- Forms the understanding that a profitable offer cannot last forever. The dial in this case plays the role of a clear example of the transience of time.
- Motivates the client to act decisively.
- Activates the ability to analyze the situation and make decisions.
Faced with the real, not hypothetical possibility of losing a lucrative offer, the bulk of people act more decisively. According to statistics, the use of a timer in advertising increases a website visitor’s conversion to the link provided by 90%. The proportion of customers who have made a purchase relative to the proportion of customers who are interested in the proposal is 50%. Thus, the timer is an effective marketing tool, which, nevertheless, requires correct application.
Improper use of any tool carries negative consequences. Remember that the timer will show its effectiveness only in conjunction with other, properly used techniques. In turn, the use of a totality of methods should be based on a thorough study of the goods, the target audience, demand and other conditions of business.
Thus, the timer is only part of the promotional unit, in the preparation of which it is necessary
- Explain the essence of a sentence clearly from the first line.
- Provide information concisely and without ambiguity.
- Identify the brand.
- Use the language of the region in which sales are planned.
- The text should be informative, engaging, readable and without water.
- Humor should be moderate and subtle.
Now a few words about what not to do
- Pressuring or imposing on a potential customer.
- Use familiarity or vulgarity.
- Use vague language.
- Provide outdated or inaccurate product information and promotions.
- Use explicitly provocative language that offends religious, racial, national, gender or political affiliations.
Otherwise, you risk scaring away a potential client and getting in a lot of trouble with the police.
Be sure to make sure that the timer is visible and clearly distinguishable, but never conspicuous. Otherwise, it will constantly distract the buyer’s attention from the advertisement.
You may also like: This Is the Difference Between Advertising and Marketing
Image source: promofeatures.com