Take notes as you think of ideas
Unless I take notes when I think of an idea I’ll probably forget all about it. By taking just a short note I can always refer back to it later and work on the idea if it has any merit.
5 Ways Note Taking Will Improve Productivity
- Have a notepad on your desk if you work in an office or are a home-based worker. That way whenever you think of an idea you can just jot it down and won’t forget. I usually just have a small notepad with the date scribbled on top under that I write any new idea or concept that comes to me.
- Use mind mapping software like Freemind this is public domain free software that
you can transfer ideas to easily and always come back to later. I find mind maps great
for linking related ideas together. Once you have achieved the task or completed it simply
delete it from your list on Freemind.
- Use the bookmarking service on your browser. Whenever you see a page or site that
could be useful in the future bookmark it for future reference. I find it best to place it in an
appropriate folder such as ‘Social Media’. Immediately saving it to a folder will be much
easier to manage your bookmarks long-term. It can become difficult to locate specific sites
otherwise. You can find a bookmark manager online that you can use to manage your bookmarks.
- When you are out for a walk or not at the office carry a small notepad and pen with you.
That way whenever an idea creeps into your mind you can make a quick note of it and then add it to Freemind or a more comprehensive list later.
- Most mobile phones these days have provisions to save notes or ideas. If you don’t like
the idea of carrying a note pad with you then place it on your phone. Later copy the idea
to another list.
You may also like: How to Improve Productivity in Your Company?
Image source: stock.adobe.com
About the Author
Philip Rickwood is a Social Media Enthusiast from Devonport in Tasmania with over 190k Twitter followers at @afhitcom