Click here to get this post in PDF
Digital and internet marketing are similar concepts. Internet marketing is a channel for promoting services and products, attracting and retaining customers who use only the Internet. These include SEO, SMM (social media marketing), online advertising, and more.
Digital, or digital marketing – a comprehensive approach that covers all online and offline channels (QR-codes on postcards, interactive screens, etc.).
The digital progress and the never-ending fight between businesses for customers give digital marketing leading positions. Companies that are becoming pioneers and launching completely new approaches of promotion still occupy empty advertising niches. Therefore, if you are a student and searching for a developing career field, digital marketing can become a great match for you.
Why Is Digital Marketing Necessary?
If you are asking yourself which role marketing plays in product development, then we could say that without a doubt, it is taking a leading position. The thing which every business needs to realize is that your product, no matter how wonderful it is, won’t be known without digital tools.
If you have an already existing business, or you are a student who is just thinking of creating something new, the main reasons why it’s time to create/improve your Digital Marketing strategy are the following:
- The constant growth of Internet users.
- Increasing the need for business and customers in a safe and convenient online environment and its promotion. One of the factors in the rapid transition from offline to online was the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Your future customers are people who were born and raised in a digital environment. Most of them make spontaneous/emotional decisions about shopping on social networks.
- Your customers and competitors are already making online campaigns. The more digital marketing channels you start covering, the better you learn the competitor’s strategies and your users.
- Digital marketing allows you to know your customers better. They can comment and answer questions on social networks. You can create a target audience portrait based on their profiles.
Five Digital Trends for Your Marketing Strategy
We have found a few examples of working digital marketing strategies which you can start implementing in your business today. We are more than sure that you will find at least one option that will be working for you.
It was estimated that by 2020, about 30% of sessions on web pages would be done by users without actual use of the screen. Modern technologies of Apple AirPods, Google Home and Amazon Echo, Siri, Cortana, and others increase voice search capabilities.
As the specifics of voice commands differ from the typed text, it is worth paying attention to the extended natural requests. That is if you are a student and need to complete your assignment on time, instead of the usual “essay writing websites,” you will need to say something like “how to write an essay on topstudywriter.com” It’s all about being extremely precise.
Chatbot in marketing is a method of optimizing and simplifying communication with your user. According to preliminary forecasts, by 2024, the global chatbot market will exceed $ 1.34 billion.
- Using chatbots in your marketing strategy will allow you to:
- Simplify communication with customers. The chatbot will respond instantly at any time. This saves on customer support and expedited response.
- Track the link from the interested customer to the sale, store and analyze customer data by asking them questions in the chat and getting answers.
- Distribute your materials: news, promotions, etc.
Videos are the key to gaining users’ love. Some specialists estimate that by 2022, online video will account for more than 82% of all user Internet traffic – 15 times more than in 2017. This does not mean that you need to quickly create a channel on Youtube and upload there some pointless videos.
Unfortunately, it doesn’t work this way. As a business owner, what will work in particular for your business: short videos, streams, VR features? Finding the appropriate format will bring half of the success for your business.
Interactive content motivates the customer to action. Among its main advantages — the better level of competitiveness. In information noise, such content attracts attention.
One of the directions of the development of artificial intelligence is the recognition and interpretation of human emotions and the corresponding reaction to them. For example, by installing an interactive billboard with a camera, you can analyze how and which segment of the audience (gender, age, mood) is affected by a particular commercial.
Digital marketing is a flexible, universal channel of communication with customers and the promotion of the business. Thanks to it, you can reach and tell millions of users about your brand. We hope that if you were still hesitant about the use of digital marketing, this article has convinced you otherwise.
You may also like: New Era | New Marketing Style – Digital Marketing – Know The Tactics