Zippers and links are not new to the hospitality world, but in recent years, they have become the primary sleeping solution for guests in short-term vacation rentals. Over time, they have shown their ability to significantly improve the comfort and bedding choices in hotel rooms.
Using zip and link beds in hotels, guest houses, and Airbnb properties provides advantages, especially when offering guests a comfortable and convenient home.
What Are Zip and Link Beds
Zip and link beds are a kind of bed that allows for great flexibility. These beds provide opportunities for personalization, allowing you to design your bedroom how you desire and according to the guests’ requirements. Zip and link beds come in many different styles and allow for several configurations, including:
- Double/Kingsize Bed – This type of zip and link bed features two single mattresses on top of two frames connected with ties. The mattresses are zipped together to make one bed.
- Twin Beds – A twin setup can be created by unzipping the mattresses and undoing the bed ties.
- Queen Bed – These beds feature three sets of mattresses that are connected using ties on each end of each bedframe and by zipping the mattresses together.
So, whether the room needs to be set up for friends, partners or families, a quick reconfiguration of the beds allows you to cater for the needs of your guests and optimize room occupancy at all times, minimizing vacancies.
The Benefits Of Zip and Link Beds
Here are some of the benefits of using zip and link beds:
- Affordable: Zip and link beds are cheap, so you won’t have to worry about paying for a large bed frame you may not need. Instead, you can get a smaller one that will fit perfectly in your space.
- Flexible Mattress Support: Zip and link beds are ideal if one person moves around a lot in their sleep. The separate mattresses mean that they will not disturb their sleeping partner.
- Customizable: Zip and link beds come in all sizes, colours, styles, and materials — so there’s something for everyone. Depending on what works best in your space, you can choose from sturdy metal frames or lighter wood ones.
- Simple to Set Up: The zip and link bed is easy to install in any bedroom. The single elements make it easy to move around according to your needs.
The great thing is that zip and link beds can address the challenges that the hospitality industry faces and take advantage of the growing need for affordable accommodations worldwide. Opting for high-quality beds that provide flexibility and support will increase guest satisfaction, positively impacting their stay.
You may also like: A Whiff of Luxury: How Hotels Use Fragrance to Create a Lasting Impression
Image source: elements.envato.com