Gift giving in the corporate world is a serious business. This initiative has been an effective strategy to sway clients and partners, and most of all, to show appreciation and gratitude for choosing the company. Regardless of the type of corporate gift basket to give, spending money and effort to have it will guarantee a big payoff.
To choose the perfect corporate gift basket, planning, and being meticulous are needed. The basket and the goodies inside should represent the company and the appreciation it wishes to extend to the receiver. This task may be challenging, but this is an essential process because the goal is to thank the recipient and ensure that the company will always be on these critical people’s top lists.
For more ideas to buy gift baskets and in the deciding process for the perfect business gift, these tips can probably help have the best gift basket for any prospect.
Before Picking the Company Gift Basket
Before thinking about the perfect professional gift basket, decide the proposed budget, especially if it hasn’t allocated a specific budget for the gift basket. List down all the vendors, clients, prospects, and every preferred recipient. If the budget is unfortunately inadequate, you can prioritize the corporate individuals who contributed to the company revenue or those that are loyal to the business. Another option is to allocate a larger budget for the highlighted people like loyal and potential clients, while smaller budgets for the others.
How to Identify the Appropriate Corporate Gift
- After identifying the possible recipients of the corporate gift baskets, determine if these people are allowed to receive business gifts. There are companies that are either not permitted to accept corporate giveaways or gifts with nominal value. Call the company’s human resource department to find out the limitations or policies in taking business gift baskets.
- If the company doesn’t allow the recipient to accept gift baskets, ask the human resource personnel if they are allowed to give tokens of appreciation like key chains, pens, and other inexpensive yet small items.
- Another option as an alternative to a business gift basket can be a charitable gift. It can be in the form of donation addressed to the recipient or the recipient’s company to their charity or chosen charity. This option is an opportunity to show the company’s goodwill and a chance to share the blessing.
- If all else fails and the receiver is not allowed to accept any corporate gifts, greeting cards will be the safest option to still show appreciation to him/her.
Tips in Preparing the Corporate Gift Basket
- If the recipient can receive business gifts, the best gift will always be a gift basket. This strategy is a more personalized way of showing appreciation for the receiver. A customized gourmet gift basket is an excellent business gift because food and beverages are the most popular yet practical gift category. Combining delicious gourmet foods into the gift basket is a convenient option to combine the most popular corporate items into the gift basket to swoon away the receiver.
- Putting wine or other unique beverages is another item to include in the business gift container. Distinctive wines like cabernet sauvignon, merlot, zinfandel, chardonnay, sauvignon blanc, or champagne are some of the popular options. But before that, research on the receiver’s business background when it comes to accepting gift baskets with wine or beverages.
You may also like: Essential Tips for Giving Premium Gifts to Corporate Clients
Image source: Pixabay.com