Click here to get this post in PDF
Instagram is one of the fastest-expanding social media platforms today and has over 800 million monthly active users. It’s also popular for businesses and bloggers because you can use it to not only share your photos but also provide behind-the-scenes glimpses into the life of your business, show off products or services you offer, and help promote your brand. This means there are plenty of opportunities to reach new audiences and make connections!
However, there are certain things to keep in mind when using Instagram for business purposes:
– Post quality photos: Quality over quantity. It’s easy to get caught up in posting a lot, but the more you post, the less likely people will look at each picture or video. Make sure your posts are of high quality that they deserve attention and make an impact on viewers! You can also use the Instagram growth tool to boost your profile’s visibility in early stages.
– Hashtags: You don’t want to use too many hashtags for fear of getting spammy, but adding them can be helpful if they’re relevant. Try searching Instagram’s hashtag search for popular tags related to what you do! Use up to five per photo with caution – this means not putting one word next to another as is common with Twitter usage. Also, make sure you use business-related hashtags that people might use while searching your product or service categories.
– Captions: Provide context by including some sort of extra information about what the post is because viewers may not be able to get information from just the photo.
– Relevant content: Make sure your posts are relevant to the business or blog you’re running; otherwise, readers will lose interest really quickly. For instance, if you are a blogger and you’re running an Instagram account for your blog, it’s best to post about things related to blogging or other similar topics. Try to show everything in a creative yet simple way so that your followers will get impressed with your content and stay connected with you for a longer time.
– Posting frequency: As a general rule of thumb, try not to post more than one photo per hour because this will flood the feed – especially if many people follow you. With an Instagram business account, you can analyze the insights and see which time your users are most active. Pick a time around that same period, and make sure you schedule your posts at that time only.
– Geotagging: If possible, use geotags so viewers can see where in the world your photos were taken! This is particularly helpful with businesses that sell products internationally.
– Response time: Don’t neglect social media accounts – reply to comments and messages as soon as possible for a better connection with followers. This is especially important if they have questions about the product photos present on your Instagram account.
– Stream live videos: You can use this to promote your brand, show off products or services you offer, and provide behind-the-scenes glimpses into the life of your business. However, make sure they’re short, so viewers don’t become bored.
– Try IGTV to show your upcoming products: IGTV is a new video feature on Instagram that allows you to share longer videos – up to an hour in length. This is helpful for businesses trying to show off products they’re about to release!
– Collaborate with Influencers and Brands: If your business is trying to expand, you might want to think about collaborating with other brands or influencers in the industry. You can share a photo together on Instagram and tag each other using the “@” mention function, so followers know where they came from!
– Create exclusivity of your products: One way to use Instagram for business is by creating exclusivity. Let your followers know that you have a limited number of products left before they’re gone – this can generate more sales!
– Monitor and Respond: It’s important to monitor any comments or mentions on your account. If someone has an issue with something, try responding as soon as possible, so the conversation doesn’t get out of hand. Doing this will help you appear trustworthy in the eyes of your customers.
– Run contests or giveaways: Another way to use Instagram for business purposes is by running contests or giveaways. If you have a product that’s launching soon, this is a great opportunity to get people excited about it and generate more buzz! Ask users to follow you, tag their friends, and share the post to increase their chances of winning the contest. You can offer them one of your upcoming products or a popular one as a reward.
– Use cinema graphics or GIFs: Cinema graphics are a great way to show off your products and have more fun with your posts. You can use them by uploading short videos that play on loop or GIFs that animate when you hover over the photo! These make for an interesting way of showing people how they might enjoy using the said product in their daily life, which may help increase sales.
We hope that these important tips will help you use Instagram for business more effectively!
You may also like: Why You Should Use Instagram For Your Business