At present, we can’t imagine our lives without computers and smartphones, which are used to perform daily tasks like communication, working, gaming, shopping and more. One of these options that has a huge popularity among users nowadays is screen recording.
The screen recording software is a must-have tool for small businesses, online education, social media sharing, content creation and more. It enables capturing the information on screen and maintaining it for further use. However, if you have a low-end PC or laptop that is not upgradable, recording your screen becomes a real challenge for you. It’s essential to select effective, feature-rich software options that are compatible with your machine requirements and won’t crash because of the poor performance of your computer.
In this article, we’ll talk about the most reliable screen recorders that can perfectly meet your needs and won’t cause any lags on your computer. So, let’s dive in!
Most Reliable Screen Recorders for Computers with Poor Performance
To ensure the screen capturing software presented here is certainly worth trying, it’s essential to review:
- System compatibility characteristics
- Key features and benefits of the screen recorder
- Possible drawbacks it might have
- Price and availability
Knowing all these factors will help to conduct a detailed analysis of the software solutions available and pick up the most effective option to use on your low-end computer. Let’s now review the most popular screen recorders that work well even with the oldest computers!
Another great recorder for low-end PCs is the Dxtory app. Mostly used as a game recording tool, it features easy-to use, simple user interface and plenty of learning materials like videos and tutorials if you have just started developing your skills in this scope.
Apart from this, Dxtory features its own built-in hard drive and obtains the data through a surface of memory buffer, which makes it a solid software for low-end computers. Thus, you will get high-speed functionality at a slow load – simply a must for the computers with poor performance!
Advantages of Dxtory
- Screenshots saved in the formats of JPEG, PNG, TGA, and BMP
- AVI default output format (can be changed per need)
- Multiple audio sources recording
- VFW codecs support
- Lossless video capture
- Fast recording performance
- Currently compatible with Windows only
Drawbacks of Dxtory
- Leaves lags if save recordings during the gameplay
- Has watermark on the free trial version
- Disabled Maximize button
- Durable loading time
Price for Dxtory
$35.50 for a lifetime license per user
Looking for the 4K UHD recording at 144 FPs with no lags? Try a Bandicam recorder! This app is a premium software that allows multiple screen recordings, full screen or selected areas capturing and more. And, for the slower computers, it features the customization options where users can modify the recording resolution, FPS, video and audio codecs and more!
Advantages of Bandicam
- Free trial available
- Based on DirectX/OpenGL/Vulkan graphics technologies
- Customization options for the advanced recordings
- Simultaneous voice and sounds recording
- Video and audio codec options change
- Features the email help desk and wide knowledge base
- Compatible with Windows system
Drawbacks of Bandicam
- No editing tools available
- No Linux or Mac screen recorder versions
- Decreases the FPs for low spec PCs and laptops
- Inconvenient file directories
Price for Bandicam
A one-time fee of $39.95 for 1 PC
#3 Movavi Screen Recorder
If you are looking for the no-lag screen recorder that covers all the essential capturing features, then Movavi software can be a thing. It enables not only a high-quality screen recording but also effective recording of any system and microphone sounds as well. Additionally, unlike the other screen capturers, you can display the keyboard and mouse while you stream, which is a great feature for students, business owners and content creators!
Advantages of Movavi Screen Recorder
- Scheduled screen capturing
- Webcam recording and overlay
- Drawing on the videos captured
- Provides both trial version and paid option
- Mobile capturing ability
- Multiple languages available (13+)
- Compatible with MacOS and Windows
Drawbacks of Movavi Screen Recorder
- The 7-day free trial period
- Recording limitations for trial period – only 2 minutes
- No editing tools provided
- Limited options for webcam recording
Price for Movavi Screen Recorder
$39.95 for the lifetime license (1 PC)
#4 NVIDIA ShadowPlay
If you want to capture screen during the gameplay or create gaming content for your social media on a low-end PC, try NVIDIA ShadowPlay! It supports 4K resolution recording at 60 FPs, however, as a gaming screen recorder, it does reduce the impact on your PC performance and ensures the stable work of your PC.
Advantages of NVIDIA ShadowPlay
- Saves the last 30 seconds of GamePlay whenever the user hits a hotkey
- 4K resolution video recording
- Live broadcasting to Facebook Live and Twitch
- Ability to record gameplay videos for YouTube
- Creates GIFs without leaving the play
- 8K screenshots
- Automatically saves the recordings to hard drive
- Record instant highlights without saving the entire game (alt+F10 key)
Drawbacks of Bandicam
- Requires enough space in hard drive
- Doesn’t allow the Twitch streaming and shadow recording at a time
- Supports solely Nvidia Kepler desktop GPUs
- The Twitch LiveStream support is unavailable
Price for Bandicam
Free screen recorder, no charge required
As you can see from the list of software options presented above, you still can record your screen on low-end computers and laptops. Any of the software options presented above, including Movavi Screen Recorder, Bandicam capturing software or the one from Dxtory provide tons of usable features for recording execution, and can work well even with the low-end computers.
Already have some ideas for your next project? Download any option you like or choose an online screen recorder, and start your screen capturing right now!
You may also like: iFun Screen Recorder: Best App to Record Online Classes on Windows 10
Image source: Pexels.com