The banking sector is a very demanding sector in terms of hygiene and cleanliness, given the large number of people that banking establishments accommodate every day. Both staff and customers interact with each other and carry out different activities and at the same time, it increases the risk of contamination and the spread of diseases and health problems within these establishments.
Taking Care of the Small Details
In addition, each financial institution gives vital importance to the small details related to the hygiene and cleanliness of its establishments and branches, because they reflect its brand image. They, therefore, appeal to a range of unique cleaning needs, demanding a superior quality of service from cleaners. This is why most banking institutions hire janitorial services to keep the environment clean.
Health and Hygiene
Along with the responsibility of the service, financial institutions have the duty to guarantee a healthy and hygienic environment using janitorial service, making it possible to preserve the health and safety of customers and bank staff. Given all the elements mentioned above, the cleaning of bank premises can be a real challenge for the administration of banking establishments.
Beyond daily cleaning, regular deep cleaning is essential. Thus, it is important to call on specialized janitorial services, with the know-how, materials, and equipment necessary to carry out maintenance adapted to the specificities of each establishment. Houston Janitorial Services will come from a company that knows how to clean and disinfect all the premises of the establishment with the main objective of ensuring a high level of hygiene while respecting the strict rules related to the security that the banks impose.
Professional Bank Cleaning
What does professional bank cleaning consist of? The professional cleaning of banking establishments, carried out by specialized janitorial cleaning companies, includes several services, including:
Cleaning of offices and administrative premises
It is a question of carrying out complete maintenance of the administrative offices to guarantee the health and the well-being of the customers and the banking staff. This service includes:
- General office cleaning
- Emptying and cleaning garbage cans and waste paper baskets
- Cleaning of bank counters
- The dusting of walls, ceilings, and surfaces
- Washing the ventilation openings
- Floor maintenance, vacuuming, and mopping
- Cleaning of dispensers
- It is a question of carrying out a complete cleaning of ATMs which concerns:
- Removal of non-ATM items such as graffiti, stickers, cobwebs, etc. ;
- Cleaning of plastic surfaces;
- Cleaning the screen with a specific product
- Cleaning edges, surfaces, and the plastic frame
- The internal cleaning of the ATM
Cleaning of Common Areas
This is the cleaning of all areas of the banking establishment that promote high traffic. This includes:
- The cleaning of the entrance halls
- Detailed cleaning of elevators and escalators
- Cleaning of upholstery in the waiting area, such as sofas, and chairs
- Removing stains from rugs and carpets
- The stripping, washing, and waxing of the floors of the premises, corridors, and stairs
The cleaning of these common areas consists of maintaining and disinfecting them regularly, using the appropriate techniques, products, and methods, while taking into account the specificities of each establishment.
Cleaning the windows prevents the accumulation of dust, which allows light to penetrate properly inside the premises. This service includes:
- Washing interior windows such as office windows and glass surfaces
- The cleaning of exterior windows such as the storefront windows, window frames, and mosquito net
- High window cleaning
This is the maintenance and disinfection of the floors of all interior and exterior spaces of the banking establishment. This includes:
- Vacuuming, washing, polishing floors
- Steam/extraction cleaning of carpets and rugs
- Stripping, waxing, and polishing of floors for linoleum, marble, wood, tiles, etc.
- Maintenance and cleaning of parquet floors, marble, tiles, vinyl, ceramic, granite, concrete, etc.
- Thorough cleaning depending on the type of floor: stripping, sanding, polishing, etc.
Sanitation is the main culprit in the spread of sanitary problems. In order to guarantee a healthy environment for customers and bank staff, it is important to maintain good hygiene in the sanitary facilities, and that is why banks should always hire Houston Janitorial Services for regular maintenance.
You may also like: A Simple Guide to Cleaning Office Buildings and Commercial Property
Image source: Shutterstock.com