Millions of people work remotely using the internet, so it has become necessary to use a VPN to maximize your privacy online. There are several VPNs or Virtual Private Networks in the market that can keep your personal information secure while browsing the internet.
It can get confusing to find the best free VPN for pc because of so many options. There are several good choices, such as NordVPN, Urban Vpn, IpBurger VPN, Express VPN, CyberGhost, AVG and more.
What is a VPN?
VPN stands for Virtual Private Network that is a technology used to create a secure connection. The internet network you get from your service provider is not always safe and can easily be tracked. With a VPN, you can protect your privacy as you can appear as an anonymous person while browsing the internet. There are several best free VPN for PC and Mac that you can add to your browser and surf without worrying about being tracked.
When you use a VPN, your computer automatically connects to the same VPN network and transfers all the online traffic to a secure connection. This allows you to contact the website through an encrypted connection as the VPN takes care of all the data transfer between you and the website.
How to choose the best free VPN for pc?
There are several free VPNs in the market that you can choose from. While paid VPNs are more secure, free VPN provides all-round protection as well. While selecting the VPN, there are many things to consider. This is where reviews such as the avg vpn review can be useful. In all cases you should consider the following points:
Please read the reviews before purchasing the software to ensure its reliability. You should make sure that the VPN can protect your privacy and keep your data safe. Also, the VPN service you choose should not get disconnected while using it. If this happens, it can make your IP visible to the website you are surfing. Some VPNs have a kill switch that keeps your IP hidden even if the connection drops and should be the ones you should prefer if your internet falls often.
A good VPN must have specific security features such as anonymous DNS servers, 128-bit encryption, and the absence of connection logs. Having a secure VPN will ensure that your data if stolen, cannot be decrypted without a security key. Go for VPNs with double-step authentication, which requires a physical key. A physical key will make your connection more secure. A physical key only allows users who have the key to decrypt the data.
Some VPNs have bandwidth limits, meaning your browsing or downloading speed can be limited by the VPN. You might not get the speed your internet service provider offers to you as the VPN limits it. You should opt for the VPN software, which has no bandwidth limits.
It is always better to operate the same VPN on all your devices to avoid confusion. Choose the best VPN services that offer multi-device support and can work effortlessly on all devices such as windows, iOS, Android, and macOS.
Top 5 best VPN for pc
Here is a list of the top 5 best free VPN for pc available in the market.
Urban VPN is one of the best free VPN available in the market as it is powered with 128-bit encryption to keep your data secure and provides complete all-round protection. This VPN can block all the ads on a webpage while helping you to browse anonymously through 80 different servers. Urban VPN provides all its premium features for free, which are generally offered at hefty prices by other VPNs.
- There are 80 different server locations that you can use to browse the internet.
- There is no bandwidth limit in Urban VPN, and you can browse the internet without worrying about a data cap.
- You can browse any website that is restricted in your country by using Urban VPN.
- You can use Urban VPN on any number of devices, including mobile devices.
- There is an additional feature to protect your wifi network using Urban VPN.
- Urban VPN can block malicious ads on the web pages and keep the website clean.
NordVPN is one of the VPN field’s recognized brands because of its six simultaneous connections through a network. This VPN has reliable speed and various security protocols installed to keep your privacy protected.
- NordVPN has 5000 different IP addresses to protect your privacy.
- There are more than 5000 servers that you can choose to browse from.
IpBurger VPN has a great network of secure servers that you can browse from. Its unique Network Lock Kill Switch features help to keep your data safe and secure even if the VPN connection drops.
- IpBurger VPN has no speed limit and provides fast browsing with no throttling.
- It has one of the fastest-growing networks of server locations.
- You can browse content anonymously from anywhere.
- IpBurger VPN can mask your IP address to protect your privacy.
- Network Lock Kill Switch can block all traffic if the VPN connection drops.
ExpressVPN has a strong track record of ensuring its user’s privacy. ExpressVPN only causes 52% of overall loss in speed, which is significantly lower than its competition.
- ExpressVPN has over 30,000 IP addresses on its server.
- There are 3000 plus servers located in 160 different locations.
- You can create five different simultaneous connections.
- There are over 94 different countries’ servers added to the ExpressVPN’s network.
CyberGhost has exceptional tools to maintain speed, protect the security and privacy of its users. They are adding more servers in their network to stand out from its competition.
- There are over 7100 servers in 90 plus different countries.
- CyberGhost VPN has a total of 112 server locations.
- You can create five simultaneous connections with CyberGhost VPN.
There are several free VPNs that you can use for your devices to browse the internet safely. Because of the growing list of cyber-threats, it has become more critical than ever to browse the internet from a secure network. However, you can use one of these best VPN service providers 2021 to browse the internet without any worry.
You may also like: 5 Essential Benefits a VPN Will Bring to Your Business or Enterprise
Image source: Pixabay.com