Higher Mobile Usage Ringing In Better Gains
Did you ever think that rising Samsung smartphone sales could directly help your food business expand? Well if you thought that is impossible for wishful thinking here are great realtime statistics collated by coupon machine that stands to validate my point.
- In the same period that smartphone sales recorded 162,546 units, Google ad revenues generated $3 million through mobile devices
- While Samsung recorded 36,555 smartphone sales, Foodpanda clocked 2078 orders
Well the point that I am trying to make here is that smartphones have increasingly made businesses way more accessible and significantly easier to explore. So whether it is ordering food, coffee, buying tickets or planning holiday, thanks to the growing number of mobile users, it has all become immensely approachable and easy to access.
As the global mobile traffic soars to 51% with close to 4.5 billion active mobile users, we see
- 159,817 purchases happening through Amazon every hour using mobile devices
- Alibaba’s mobile ad revenues is close to 542,237 on a hourly basis
- 83,333 Uber rides are booked every hour using mobile devices
- 6769 travel bookings are undertaken every hour using mobile devices in US alone
- In just US, over 3000 air tickets are booked every hour using mobiles
- Starbucks’ order and pay transactions is close to 8219 every hour
- Paypal’s mobile payments is $8 million on a hourly basis
- 25,200 Grabtaxi rides are booked on an hourly basis using mobiles
- Foodpanda receives 2078 orders from mobile devices every hour
Infact to cater to this rising demand, close to 350,000 apps have been developed in last 36 months and mobile traffic is set to cross the 6.2 exabytes per month mark by the end of this year i.e. 2016.
The current rate too indicates a phenomenal growth from the time when mobiles first got introduced in our daily lives. If you look at the daily or monthly data collated by Coupon Machine, it could seem very striking
- 2 million emails are opened every second using mobile devices
- 160,000 SMS are sent every second
- Close to 800,000 messages are sent and received on what’s app every second
- Close to $1000 is generated through Google ad revenues on mobile devices every second
The last data in itself represents a huge landmine of opportunity and potential revenue generation platform.
Also read: How to Earn Money from Mobile Applications