Oregon is a place filled with a strange history, but the area has become one of the popular places where people move with time. Everything in the state is very peculiar and fascinating, which attracts the people all-around towards the place. If you are also the one who is considering moving here because here the number of moves are increasing every day, then you should first research about the place well. If you are looking for the right information about the place, this is just the right place. Check out these details shared by the most affordable moving companies in Oregon.
1. No Sales Tax: Oregon is one of the five states in the country that provides the facility of no sales tax. From a pack of candies to a fancy automobile, the amount you see on the price tag is the price you pay. The taxes fund local government and schools in Oregon levied on properties, and for revenues, the entire state relies on the tax levied on the personal income earned by its residents.
2. Bike-friendly state: Oregon is the state that loves bicyclists. This was the first-ever state that created the Scenic Bikeways program along with the Bike Friendly Business program. Portland and Eugene are the two cities where most people prefer to ride on bikes. These are the most bike-friendly cities in the state. Also, every year both these cities use to participate in the annual World Naked Bike Ride. However, you need to be aware that it is strictly prohibited to use handheld devices when driving a vehicle in Oregon. You can be fined up to $500 if caught violating the law.
3. Job market: Oregon has one of the strongest job markets. If you desire to work with large corporations, then Oregon is the city for you. Nike and Intel are the biggest employers in the state, and you can also find numerous jobs in the health and education sector. If you are looking to work for a startup, you can move to Portland, as this city is the hub for startups.
4. Good for entertainment: If entertainment is an essential thing in your life and you want to get entertained, then Oregon is a great place for you to move in. The area has world-class theater which is worth watching not just that almost 780 performances have been done there every year in this city.
5. Perfect place to live: Before planning to move, you need to do proper research to select a particular area to live in. Select that region that suits your lifestyle. If you are looking for an urban area, then you should consider moving to Portland. It is one of the most populated cities in Oregon. And Eugene is the second most populated city, followed closely by Salem. If you want to live in a small-town atmosphere, then you should consider smaller cities. Corvallis is well-suited for the older generation and is one of the best college towns in Oregon. It is one of the most affordable cities in the United States of America.
6. Ban on pumping your gas: Oregon is one of the two states in America where you are banned from pumping gas on your own. You can pump the diesel or gasoline for the two-wheeler vehicles but not for the vehicles having more than two wheels. You might hate this rule as you will have to wait for few minutes to get your turn.
7. Residents love coffee here: almost all the residents of the place like coffee. It is just a myth that only the residents of Portland like coffee, no, because here in Oregon also, the coffee beans, the roasted coffee is very popular.
8. Cost of living: It is expensive to live in Oregon. Here transportation cost piles up the living cost. In 2020, the price for gas per gallon was about $2.67. Portland is considered the most expensive city in this state as living cost is 17.7% higher than the average national cost. Also, it is expensive to own a house in this state. In 2020, the median housing cost in Oregon was estimated at $344,200.
9. Good food production: Oregon is covered with extensive farmland. Some produce items such as berries, green peas, potatoes, apples, hazelnuts, and cherries that grow well in the state. You will find it cheap to get the produce from the local farmers’ market.
10. Outings: Oregon has numerous beaches which have free access and are open to the public. You can enjoy various activities such as boating, fishing, scuba diving, parasailing, beach volleyball or beach bowling, etc. Oregon also has beautiful gardens that its residents can visit. Rose Tea Garden is the most famous one. In addition, the state has enough national parks that are worth visiting. Finally, be sure to check out the state’s mesmerizing coast and mountains.
You may also like: Guide To Downsizing When Moving To A Smaller House