With the growth, development, and eventual transformation of tech companies, product management emerged as an important function for digital organizations. As such, the need for a great product management tool to support this function, is more valuable than ever. In this article, we’ll take a look at the most well-regarding tools and share our thoughts.
An emerging pioneer in the product management software market, Productfolio has made quite the entrance with an impressive list of features to facilitate the organization of your projects. As of 2021, it works in beta and offers accounts that are free for all.
This versatile software boasts an efficient end-to-end flow, with an intuitive interface to guide users through every stage of the process.
Its process of product management creates a systematic and strategic approach to businesses in digital platforms. This software is all about working out how to deliver what you can offer in the best way possible and make sure that the market responds positively.
That said, the system put a high-value on collaboration since a single person cannot accomplish the bulk of this work. Moreover, it supports a variety of planning approaches, including those that are theme-based and timeline-based.
Hailed as a contender for the best software on the market, Productfolio remains a top recommendation for business and creative projects.
- Productfolio’s software is now under beta testing, which means that accounts are entirely free for use with limited accounts.
- Stakeholders are offered a unique platform that enables clients to monitor project progress in real-time.
- It also includes a concept forum where members can collaborate on new ideas before planning and road mapping.
- This is one of the few product management software that allows for theme-based as well as timeline-based planning.
- This tool has an end-to-end development workflow, including centralized strategy and resource allocation features.
- This software is outstanding in terms of accessibility, user design, and usability.
- It has consistently excellent strategy capabilities that bolster the sales and marketing strategy.
The company behind this product management software has built steady financial and business foundations over the years, making them a leading name in the industry.
With that said, Productboard is software that’s strong on collaboration. Its features allow product managers from different departments to collect, analyze, and process data from discussions and meetings. It supports planning methods based on both the theme and the timeline, pairing it with a decent interface for improved user experience. However, strategizing features aren’t their best suit.
Nevertheless, this product management software offers sufficient technical and collaboration features that allow for better organization and processing of data while allowing team members to communicate and perform.
- Productboard was a pioneer in the industry and was hailed as the first end-to-end management-focused software.
- This is among the very few tools that is compatible with custom scoring models.
- It also supports planning and road mapping based on timelines and themes.
- It is especially effective on execution, having one of the most reliable market discovery boosts.
- The software has an aesthetically pleasing user interface and interface design that is intuitive for use.
New, promising, and innovative, Airfocus enjoyed a good start in the industry. Nonetheless, its company continues to improve on what was established. The features of this product management software focus on organization, planning, and prioritization.
Thus, the interface is geared towards a more systematized approach to these stages of the process.
Its downside, however, involves a lack of features to accommodate strategizing and conceptualization. This, then, urges their users to enlist other software for these processes.
- Airfocus is primarily known to have a simple and straightforward interface with a minimalist aesthetic.
- It comes with workable planning, prioritization, and road mapping features that improve upon any initial concepts.
- It has reliable compatibility with third-party software and other app integration features.
The one true pioneer in the product management community is the ProdPad, established around the same time by the founder of another software, MindtheProduct.
With that said, ProdPad had its time in the sun with its interface that is intuitive and impressive for the most part. In fact, most users feel guided by this product management software during the process, especially during a theme-based road-mapping stage.
This, however, is specifically geared to offer solutions to start-ups and smaller businesses, considering that it doesn’t include a portal or a feedback assessment feature.
- ProdPad is, in fact, the first-ever product management software made available to the market.
- It is generally known to have a credible management development framework that will help users to keep track of all facets of their ventures, both business and creative.
- Accounts in ProdPad offer complete access to all functions without additional cost.
ProductPlan is an efficient product management software that comes with an intuitive interface and powerful features, especially when it comes to road-mapping processes based on the timeline.
Moreover, even with limited planning functionality, it offers the best features for collaboration, idea generation, and evaluation. This even comes with an expansion feature that allows users and teams to dabble into product management blogging.
With that said, this is an incredibly effective tool if your projects work on stricter schedules and require transparent monitoring on the macro scale.
- Showcases a brilliant planning and road mapping visualization method with effective transitioning from one product management phase to another
- Comes with a functional timeline-based system in planning and team coordination
- It also was patterned with an ideas catalog and ranking system for the idea generation process.
Our list’s last product management software is quite similar to Product Plan but has devised prioritization features to allow for better product manager scrutiny.
Simple yet workable, this software was designed for smaller teams and start-ups who require a robust platform for building, conceptualizing, and evaluating their product strategies.
Moreover, this software has another great thing to offer: its aesthetically pleasing visualized planning feature, which is desirable to most creative.
- Beginners generally prefer the user-friendly interface and clean design of Roadmunk.
- Brand managers may also appreciate how its system works, which is patterned to accommodate smaller, specific, and focused ventures and projects.
- This is also a relatively powerful product management software with competent prioritization capacities.
You may also like: Top 3 Benefits of Facilities Management Software Web-based Dashboards