Click here to get this post in PDF
Today, light metal structures are increasingly used for the construction of industrial buildings. Such popularity is due to the desire of the customer to minimize financial costs and time spent on the construction of the project. Industrial premises must, first of all, meet all the requirements of sanitary and technical standards, and for this, it is not at all necessary to use the classical construction technology using bricks or concrete blocks. Prefabricated structures are a modern, practical, and economical solution to all problems. Construction is one of the most important steel-using industries, accounting for more than 50% of world steel demand.
The following are some of the advantages of metal structures:
The most significant and indisputable advantages of metal structures in industrial construction include:
1. Architectural opportunities. Constructive forms have a wide range of different models, so the wishes of the customer are easily implemented. The parts and frame elements themselves are assembled at the factory and then delivered to the installation site. In this case, heavy special equipment is not used.
2. Reliability. All metal structures have high technical indicators: resistance to loads, elasticity, strength, and plasticity. Thanks to all these properties, it is possible to achieve incredible resistance of the material to the negative effects of weather conditions and mechanical damage. Industrial buildings made of metal structures are able to withstand an earthquake.
3. Fire resistance. The materials used for the construction of the premises and its cladding have excellent fire-resistant properties. For example, a sandwich panel consists of two durable facing materials, in the middle of which there is a heater. All these elements are flame resistant, do not burn, but only melt when they reach a certain temperature.
4. Seasonal independence. Industrial buildings made of metal structures can be erected at any time of the year and even in the most unfavorable weather. Due to the fact that the material is light, there is no need to use an expensive foundation and painful waiting until it dries. Most often, tape, pile, columnar bases, or monolithic slabs are used.
5. Ease of installation. All elements are marked, so the fastening of individual parts takes place quickly and without the presence of expensive equipment.
In addition, after the installation work, you do not need to order an additional garbage collection service. There is practically no waste after such construction.
Industrial construction stages
In all developed countries, most industrial structures are built using metal structures. The main load-bearing element is the frame on which the cladding panels are attached. And like any construction, it also starts with design.
In order to maximize the use of industrial premises, be it prefabricated hangars, trade enterprises, warehouses, or temporary structures, the help of professional architects is needed, who will be able to take into account all the wishes of the customer, as well as the features of the future building.
After that, the manufacture of metal structures takes place. Thanks to modern technologies, the whole process takes place on high-quality equipment, with the help of which it is possible to create the frames of entire buildings. When the installation of the frame is completed, it is the turn to use sandwich panels, which provide the building with excellent performance characteristics.
Why Is Security Important for Construction?
An experienced construction company will carry out the installation work with high quality and on time. For example, a finished retail space can be received within a couple of weeks after the start of design and immediately put it into operation. Therefore, it is recommended to cooperate only with professionals. https://www.generalcontractor.com/ has been working for over 70 years and has the best professionals who deliver exactly what the clients want.
Image Source: Pexels.com