An automobile is composed of numerous individual components. These components then work together to make the vehicle do what we know it does – take us from one place to another. There is no doubt that all these components carry immense importance i.e tyres. If anyone of them malfunction, it will affect the car’s primary function – drivability. However, within these components, there are a few that deserve more care and attention. Why?
Well, without them, the car is just a piece of metal. What are these components? Well, consider the engine. If everything is working fine except the engine, is the car capable of driving? The answer is no because the engine is one of the most integral components. Without it, you cannot expect to drive a vehicle. Now, think about the battery. Suppose the automobile battery does not work correctly. In that case, you will not start the car as it is the battery that supplies the necessary current to the entire automobile.
What about tires? Many people fail to correctly assess the importance of tires. They are also the most neglected car components. Remember, if there is a problem with the tires, the vehicle will not roll around the surface. It means that you will not be able to drive it. If you are having trouble with your car tyres, seek a car repair services provider immediately. If you are based in the UAE, you can avail auto repair services from PitStopArabia.
What is PitStopArabia?
PitStopArabia started as an online tire retailer in the UAE. Over the years, it has started offering other services and products. For instance, the company has expanded to become an auto services provider. While previously it just sold tires, now it provides online tyres uae repair services. The company’s growth comes on the back of an increase in demand for online automobile services.
Although there is a lot to talk about PitStopArabia, we will deviate from our original topic – interesting tire facts. So, let’s start.
Ten Interesting Facts About Tyres
- Originally, all tires were white. Why? When tires were made, they lacked strength. Therefore, the earliest manufacturers added zinc to them. While zinc made the tires durable, it turned their colour white.
- Earlier tires were not durable enough and could not handle the vehicles’ full weight or the passengers inside it. To counter this, carbon black was added to the tires. As a result of the carbon, the tires changed to black. It is why all modern tyres are now black.
- Innovation in the tyre industry has led to the development of run-flat tires. These tires allow you to drive for a specific distance (up to 100 km) at speeds of 60-80 kph even after complete loss of air pressure.
- Automobile manufacturers have ditched the spare tire in favour of a tire repair cut. It is done to cut down on the waste and increase the car’s storage capacity.
- Used tires are responsible for a lot of waste. In order to cut this down, tires are melted and are being used in the asphalt.
- Lego is the world’s largest tire manufacturer.
- Tire manufacturers are working on airless tires that will never go flat.
- Bridgestone is working with space agencies and will develop tires that will be used on rovers for space exploration.
- Today, there is a specialized tire for each season and drive terrain.
- It is possible to fill your tires with nitrogen instead of simple air.
About the Author
M Junaid Lead Writer, Content Marketer at PitStopArabia, A writer by day and reader by night.
This wraps our article. If you have a damaged tire, do not just throw it away. Instead, seek the help of professional tire repair services. If the tire is repairable, they will repair it right away. Otherwise, they can recommend new tires and properly dispose of the old ones.
You may also like: Everything you need to know about Car Rental Business in Dubai
Image source: Unsplash.com