Event planning is one task that can turn the most outrageous individual into a timid ball of nerves. But don’t worry if you are assigned the task of planning the next big event for your company. Be it an award banquet, an open house or a holiday party, these tips will help you to arrange everything smoothly without any trouble.
These tips will enable you to relax as everything will be arranged following a plan and so the chance of missing out on anything is minimal. Just spare a few minutes and have a look at the various tips that are mentioned below.
- Prepare a Checklist and Spread the News of the Purpose of the Event – The first and foremost thing to do while planning an event is to prepare a checklist that will help you to organise the event and execute it. Apart from that, make sure that all the attendees are aware of it. Make the people who will be talking to the attendees aware of the motive of the event. Let your staff be clear about the purpose of the event, too, so that they can focus their attention on it and help arrange the event.
- Sort Out a Budget Plan – The financial blueprint of the event is said to be the budget plan. The budget should be devised in a way that it involves expenses like that of insurance, printing, permits, security, supplies and food as well as the revenue scopes like that of the ticket sales, sponsorships and donations. You should also be prepared for the extra expenses as they are bound to come up. Maintain a good record by keeping track of all the expenses and income as that is going to help not only at present but also in the future.
- Book the Venue – Selecting a venue is much more than just booking the rooms. The location of the site is very significant for the success of the event. There are a number of factors to consider like that of the elevators or ramps, the number of chairs and tables, whether it will be an outdoor event or an indoor one, room capacity, if you will need a stage, podium or equivalent and so on.
- Arrange for Edibles and Refreshments and Parking – Ponder on the kind of food you will serve –lunch, dinner, snacks, buffet or sit down. Think about the kind of beverages to be made available. Decide in what container they will be served like punch bowl or can. You also arrange for the drivers if there is alcohol arrangement so that the people who drink can be safely transported to their apartments. If you are expecting a large number of guests ensure that there is ample amount of parking and the parking you select should be close to the location. In case, you are arranging for catering, delivery trucks and special apparatus are to be transported to the event, ensure that all of them know the right place for unloading.
- Plan Publicity – Great marketing and publicity are the keys to the success of the events. There are a number of methods that you can use for spreading the word of your event. You should target the advertisements after determining who you want to attend. Instead of paid advertisement, you can go for hand-outs, fliers, email notifications and word-of-mouth that are much less expensive and will serve the purpose.
The above is a list of the things to keep in mind when you are doing corporate event planning. With the help of these tips, you will be able to arrange an event that will be a grand success and will be remembered for all the good reasons for a long time to come.
You may also like: Social Media Practices for Event Marketing
About the Author
Akshay Sharma is a digital marketing enthusiast and has written many topics in the related field. He works with Wonderland Agency, which is among the best event agency in the UK.